Thursday, August 2, 2012

Anyone remember Jane?

As a collector of all things vintage and polish - there are certain brands that have a special nostalgia to me. The two that REALLY remind me of my teenage(ish) years are Afterthoughts (YES! Remember buying your scrunchies there?!) and Jane. I loved all of Jane's cosmetics. In fact I still have a purple Eye Zing that's great. Anyhoo, Jane polish is rare to find. I ALWAYS look on eBay but with no luck. I recently hit gold at my beloved thrift store and found this purple beauty - Shock Value. I think I stood there for a few minutes holding it in my hand pinching myself. :) I NEED MORE!!! This is two coats. If definitely needed thinner but I love how this purple shimmer evened out. 






Anyone else have any Jane's? Can I have them? :D hehe

17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous purple!!!!!! As you know, I only have one Jane myself but its a beaut! I'm always on the lookout for more as well, I will for sure let you know if I come across any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful purple! I love how it glows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh! I remember Jane...my VERY first eyeshadow EVER was a Jane eyeshadow! Pretty color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the coolest brand out there when it first came out!

      Delete
  4. I love Jane! I'm kicking myself for tossing out all my old Jane polish and makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane! I used to wear their makeup all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like out teenage years in a make-up brand!

      Delete
  6. HAH! I'm pretty sure I have this exact same polish sitting in my collection that was gifted to me by my old neighbor. The label had worn off on it so I didn't know what it was. I guess I should swatch it now, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Do you have any other Jane's to share?

      Delete
  7. I had that purple Jane polish. ;_; I threw it out like a year before I got into nail polish blogs and found out about thinner. I also threw out a holo glitter polish from Jane. And most of my other polishes from when I was younger. I could just kick myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH I HATE that I gave up on so many before I knew about thinner too! I kick myself all the damn time. :P

      Delete
  8. There's a new Jane cosmetics out this month on drugstore.com. Don't know how they'll hold up to the old stuff, or if they'll do polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I just saw that! How awesome!!!!!!! Thanks!!

      Delete
  9. Are you still looking for this brand?

    ReplyDelete