Friday, December 9, 2011

Old and New - Nail Fetish Storm & Beyu 209 (the "crappy" one)

*Waves* Hi!


Does anyone else remember loving Nail Fetish polishes when they were younger? I know I had quite a few. During one of my recent Dollar Tree trips I came across nine more of these throw-back polishes! SCORE! It was hard to pick one to swatch first to show you, but ultimately I chose Storm. Here it is!





Storm is a blackened teal shimmer polish with blue undertones. I just love it! Nail Fetish polishes are very unique and quirky colors - one of the reasons I loved them so much as a teenager. This polish did not disappoint and I can't wait to swatch the rest! This was two coats.




Now we come to the "ugly duckling" polish. Floating around out there is Beyu 209, a dupe for Clarins 230 AKA Unicorn Pee. This, ladies, is the "crappy" version of 209. I saw this version on a blog sale for either a dollar or two. I knew it was the "crappy" version, but I was compelled to try it anyway since I don't own any Beyu polishes. For the price? Why not? Still a pretty polish!




"Crappy" 209 is a bright red jelly-based polish swimming with red and gold shimmer. I'm a HUGE red polish lover, so this was right up my alley. I know it's not the real thing, but it's still pretty! 


Seche Clear base coat/ Revlon Quick Dry topcoat

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these are both gorgeous!! I love the Nail Fetish, and even though its not the "good" version of 209, it's still so pretty and shimmery! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I know right? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yap, they are both lovely! =)
    And if all "crappy" polishes looked like this Beyu one, we would be in heaven! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this old and new series.. you have such great vintage polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, dolls! I want to try more Beyu polishes and thanks Amanda - I've become quite the collector of vintage polishes! :P

    ReplyDelete